Links



Bars where Pete has had a Drink (5,608 bars; 1,754 bars in Seattle) - Click titles below for Lists:


Bars where Pete has had a drink

Sunday, October 31, 2010

#1245 #S752 - Hunger, Seattle - 9/17/2010

Update:  This location closed May 12, 2012, and Hunger moved to the former location of Dad Watson's in Fremont.

Wow, this was one of the best cocktail experiences I've ever had. I stumbled into this place as a little break from the crowd during the last night of the Buckaroo Tavern, and what a great surprise it was.  With it's cozy, almost hidden location and distinct lack of PR, I don't know when I would have otherwise found the place, but I'm delighted that I did.

The (Mediterranean) tapas are very good (I had the prawn bruschetta and the boar sliders) and the cocktails were pretty nigh perfect. My drinks were a Velvet Bullfighter (agave tequila, cucumber, raspberry honey) and a Bartoloni (green Chartreuse, habenero blended bitters), which were both excellent. But Bartender Cory also gave me a small sample of each of their other featured cocktails as he made them for other customers.  Like any really good bartender, Cory quickly got a read on my tastes (and based on them went so far as to serve me something other than what I ordered, to my considerable gratitude).  But the small samples throughout the night demonstrated that entire cocktail menu is very strong, and Hunger has immediately leaped into my top choices for a fine drink or two.

4256 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 402-4854
hungerseattle.com - facebook - seattleweekly - seattle weekly - seattlemag.com - yelp

No comments: