Links



Bars where Pete has had a Drink (5,608 bars; 1,754 bars in Seattle) - Click titles below for Lists:


Bars where Pete has had a drink

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

#1081 #S638 - Pour House, Seattle - 4/23/2010

I shouldn't judge the Pour House by comparison to the Luau, but I can't help thinking that there was very little addition to the new place -- just a lot of subtraction.  The food is pretty good and my Pimms Cocktail did nothing to upset my rule that I've never had a bad cocktail with cucumber.  But while a friend reported the place pretty full at 8:30, it was virtually vacant by the time I arrived at 11:30 (on a Friday night).  So at least in the early stages this is more of a neighbors' bar than a neighborhood bar.  (Leny's, the amiable dive down the block, was packed.)  I wish them good luck, but the bar portion of the physical venue and of the bar portion of the evening will need to gain significantly more momentum and character for me to feel like swinging by this relatively remote portion of town.

2253 N 56th St., Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 633-5828
pourhouseseattle.com - mygreenlake - yelp - seattletimes - thestranger

No comments: