Links



Bars where Pete has had a Drink (5,736 bars; 1,754 bars in Seattle) - Click titles below for Lists:


Bars where Pete has had a drink

Thursday, April 01, 2010

#1033 - Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ - 3/20/2010

I'd heard that Bamboo Ben helped to spiff up Kon Tiki recently, but I was still more impressed by the decor than I expected.  I'd put it up with the Tonga Room among my favorite tiki bars below the Mai Kai line.  I personally favor the lazy afternoons with old regulars to the younger, louder crowd on weekend evenings, but I was happy to see it doing a brisk business.
The appetizer plate, and in particular the ribs, were first rate, and the huge menu of drinks better than average.  Wish I could be there April 10 when a bunch of the tiki folks help out with the relighting of the Kon Tiki torches ceremony.

(More pics)

4625 E Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85711 - (520) 323-7193
kontikitucson.com - critiki - yelp

No comments: